Should I be a Nonprofit Worksheet
We are constantly asked by founders whether they should choose a nonprofit or for profit in pursuing their mission based enterprise. The following is intended to assist potential nonprofit founders to create a preliminary business plan and hopefully help in making the choice between for profit and nonprofit!
- What purpose will be served?
- Does a need exist?
- What community will be served?
- What other organizations, if any, already serve similar purposes?
- What is the commitment and staying power of the organizers and participants?
- What funds are available?
- Who will administer the enterprise on a daily basis (if necessary)?
- Are qualified and interested directors available?
- Are the directors willing to make the commitment necessary for a successful enterprise?
- What is the projected budget?
- How will the necessary resources be raised?
- What are the long-range plans for financing the enterprise?